Teething is a milestone for you as parents – you only ought to give the best care and the best tools, such as teething mittens Australia shops are selling. Apart from that, you also have to prepare yourselves for contingencies.
Here’s what you need to know:
What You Should Ensure During This Time
Teething involves ensuring your baby’s discomfort is relieved and they learn proper oral hygiene habits. The latter is your responsibility until they learn how to take care of their oral hygiene. During this time, you have to make sure their teeth and gums are cleaned thoroughly.
Two Stages of Teething
- Relieving their pain or discomfort
To most babies, teething is relieved with teething toys – any type of toy they can chew on. They can also take relief from eating cool food like yoghurt.
If they start biting their fingernails, you can buy teething mittens Australia shops are offering today. Teething mittens Australia wide are sold with soft silicone bases that are gentle to the child’s gums.
As for babies who seem to be having a severe teething experience, you may want to consult a paediatrician. They might suggest giving your child a pain-relieving gel. This gel is applied gently and directly to the child’s gums in small quantities. You can also try massaging their gums.
- After teething
After the teeth come out, they still need to be monitored. During their first year, while brushing their teeth isn’t that necessary, their gums still need to be cleaned. You can use a soft, moistened cloth to wipe their gums every after a meal.
When they reach 6 months old or a year, they should be taught how to brush their teeth. Don’t worry – you don’t need to get brushing right all the time. The first tries will definitely be clumsy – unless your baby is much matured for their age.
Note: Your paediatrician or dentist may suggest using a gentle, soft brush, and small quantities of toddler toothpaste without fluoride.
Oral Health Don’ts
- Don’t give too much sugary food or drinks
- Don’t rely too much on milk, especially before bed
- Don’t tie a teething object around your baby’s neck
- Don’t rely on amber teething necklaces, as they might endanger your child, especially during sleep. They will become a choking hazard once the beads break loose.
- Never use teething gels or tablets, unless recommended by an expert.
- Do not use teething biscuits and cool meals unless your baby is really ready without your help.
Oral Health Dos
- Do gently massage their gums with your fingers.
- Do dry their drool to avoid rashes.
- Give them chewing toys that are not too small enough to be swallowed.
- You can give them a moistened, cold cloth and let them chew on it.
Remember that babies deal with teething differently. Some babies may experience…
- A change in stool
- A rash
- A sleep disturbance
- A loss of appetite
That’s why you should never hesitate to contact your paediatrician.
Order the Best Teething Mittens Australia Has Now
Aiming to order teething mittens in Australia? Shop around https://www.theparentinggarden.com.au/pages/baby-teething-glove-mittens-australia for the best-priced Australian teething mittens.